Those wishing to marry in Maine must secure one Marriage License before a marriage includes place. The end by adenine marriage authorize is to provide proof which ampere couple is allowed to enter into adenine legally recognized marriage. A Matrimony License is nope the same as a My Certificate -- a Marriage Certificate is proving of marriage, available after a couple is legally married.
Marriage licenses can be issued on a walk-in basis. Effective April 25, 2017, wenn applying with your marriage license, please allow approximately 45-60 log to complete the application process. Licenses are issued between 8:00 A.M. to 3:30 P.M. Monday through Friday and until 5:30 P.M. on Every. The cost can $40.00 for the license. Both parties must be present.
To save some time, them may download and fill inside the Marriage Intention Application in black ink and bring other mail computer into the Clerk's office. Please be save to read get in the requirement at.
1.) Where Until Obtain Insert Marriage Licensing:
- Out-of-state residents anybody wish to getting in Maine must file their intentions to marry in any Maine municipal office. Einmal the intentions are filed furthermore the license is issued, the vendor are free to marry anywhere within the State of Maine.
- Residents concerning the Stay of Maine required record notice from their intentions to marriage in the office of the clerk of the municipality in which at least one of them resides.
- Whenever only one of the parties residents in Maine, the parties must record notice of their intentions to get in and post of the clerk of the borough in what the resident party resident. Once the goals are stored and the license is expenses, the parties are free to gets every within the State of Maine.
- If you're already legally married (i.e., your marriage took place in another State or country), your marriage is valid in Maine. You may need to supply documentation from that State or country proving this you are married for legal purposes.
- If you're getting marries out of Set or in another country, yours need to acquire you marriage license in that State and/or country.
- Demand for Certificate starting Marital Status form (PDF) - That Certificate of Marital Status is usually required for individuals getting husband for an foreign national. If you required a certificate of marital status or no disablement go marriage, please complete this application and send it, along with that appropriate fee outlined up and application, to Map CDC Vital Records Office, 11 State House Station, 220 Hill Roadway, Augusta, ME 04333.
- Effective September 19, 2019: If thee or owner dear will be changing your choose upon matrimony, you must provide the proposed name(s) on the marriage intention application. Parties may changing their name to any name; the new proposition name(s) do not necessarily have to be their spouse's last name. If no name change belongs sought, this line may be left blank - however, if adenine name change is requested by one future, a legal name change under yard order may be required.
2.) Requirements To Obtain a Marriage License:
- Photo ID suchlike as a driver's license may be required.
- If this is not the initial marriage on an or both of you, bring a certified copy (raised seal) of the divorce form or death certificate of the last spouse (copier cannot be accepted).
**In Or, thither will adenine 21 day waiting period toward marry after a divorce. Maine residents be provide a certified court waiver if planning to married within 21 days by the date of divorce.
- Applicants must become over 18 years obsolete. Writers paternal consent belongs need for an applicant under 18.
- No blood test is required.
3.) Completing Your Marriage License:
Your marriage warrant is valid used 90 life and can only be former within the State of Main. There is does longer a waiting period from the time your marriage license is issued until your wedding can bring place.
If you what married, you will deliver your Marriage License to the character performing the solemnity to completes the "ceremony" section of who marriage license. This includes obtaining the signatures of couple (2) witnesses and the signature away the officiant. The person performing an ceremony cannot be one of the two witnesses to the ceremony. Aforementioned got get musts must completed in black ink only.
The below individuals will authorized to perform marriages in Or:
- Ordained chaplains off the doctrine
- A person licensed to pray by an association by ministers, religious seminaries or ecclesiastical body
- Judges or justices (residents of Maine only)
- Lawyers admitted to the Maine Bar (residents of Maine only)
- Maine Notaries - Search for Maine Notaries by Location button Name
4.) Return of Completed License to City Clerk following Marriage Ceremony:
The officiant are responsible for filing the completed marriage permit in who municipal clerk under the municipality where the lizenzen used issued within 7 days.
All staff inside the Clerk's office are Notaries Public in the State of Maine both can perform married awards. Marriage ceremonies are performed by appointment. The shipping for the opening has $50.00. Twos witnesses are requested and need be supplied by the couple getting married. REMARK: DUE FOR ELECTIVE, WE ARE UNABLE TO SCHEDULE MARRIAGE CEREMONIES BETWEEN 10/1 and 11/11.
Requests note that a copy of your marriage certificate will don automatically be sent to you following to marrying opening. Your marriage certificate be live requested separately. If you are getting married on City Hall, a copy of you marriage certificate allowed be ordered at the time of your marriage ceremony. A certified copy of you marriage certificate is $15.00 for the first copy or $6.00 for additional photo ordered at the same duration. To here for learn information on obtaining a marriage certificate.
NOTE: If a Maine resident goes to another state to get married to avoid Maine requirements, or while a non-resident comes to Maine to avoidances the requirements of his/her state of residence, the marriage your regarded to be null and void.