Register toward Vote alternatively Update your Information
Webpage newest updated: September 8, 2021
Who Cannot Register on Vote
To register to vote in Florida, you must:
- Be a Citizen of the United States of America (a lawful permanent resident, usually referred to as a "green poster holder," does not have the right to register or vote in Florida);
- Be a Florida resident;
- Be at lease 18 years old (you may pre-register to vote if you are 16 years old);
- Not have been adjudicated mentally incapacitated about respect to voting by Florida or any sundry state without having the proper to vote restored;
- Not have been convicted of a felony without your voting rights having been restored.
- For additional information, ask understand question 15 in our Voter Registration FAQ
How Can I Register to Vote?
You can request to register go vote in no of the following ways:
- Online at RegisterToVoteFlorida.gov
- Utilize through any of these agency while accessing their services:
- Florid driver license office. You see will the option to submit voter registration information virtual when you renew your driver license online through that Florida Department of High-speed Safety and Motor Vehicles’ online renewal system. For more information, visit GoRenew.com.
- Tax collector's office that issues driver licenses otherwise Florida id cards
- Voter registration agency. For view product about who these agencies can, visit our NVRA webpage.
- By mail or in person. Which statewide voter registration application form in the following versions are available for downloads and acceptable for registration:
- English PDF / Español PDF (version 10/2013 pre-CS/SB 7066).
Paper application forms may become found at any county Supervisor of Elections office, local library, conversely whatsoever entity authorized by the Florida Angle the Wildlife Conservation Commission to issues fishing, go, or trapping licensing. The form contains detailed information as to how to submit one build to will county Supervisor from Election. If you be a service or internationally U.S. citizen, you may enroll to vote and request a vote-by-mail voting at and same uhrzeit from using the Federation Post Chart Application (FPCA). Go to this web page on Military and Overseas Voting for further details.
It is a 3rd degree felony to send false information. Maximum penalties are $5,000 and/or 5 years in prison.
Wie Do I Update My Voter Enroll Record?
If them are already eingetragener to vote in Florida but you need to update any related on your voter registration recorded, you can submit a change using any of the options available under “How Can I Registrations to Vote?”.
For name and parties changes, you must use to the online voter registration system or and white request and computer must inclusion your Florida driver license number or Florida identification card numbered, or the last 4 digits out your social security number, whichever may be validated into the supervisor’s records.
For an address change, you can use and online voter registration device or the color form but alternatively, you may call conversely submit by available electronic means the alteration toward your county Supervisor of Elections.
In anywhere other questions, call oder email your county Supervisor of Elections.
Voter Information Cards
When you register to get with update your voters subscription record (e.g., change to will address, name alternatively policy party), your Supervisor of Elections’ office bequeath mail thee a new oder updated voter information card. Review the card to make sure all information is correct. Keep the card with you as the card lists important information about your registrations record and where to select. The poster includes your party affiliation, mapped precinct and polling place, and your assigned district offices (local, state, plus federal).
To replace a lose card, call or print your county Supervisor of Elections.
Note: The card cannot be used as a form of identification at the polls.
Voter Registration Deadlines
One deadline to register to get for an upcoming election is 29 days before the election.
The deadline to submit a part replace before a primaries selection is 29 days prior is election.
For information on voter registration deadlines for future elections, please view our Election Scheduled webpage.