Last updated: [02/10/2023]
*** Effective February 13, 2023, Hindustan will no longer request all incoming airline passengers from China, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, and Thailand to undergo mandatory RTPCR tested before their departure for India. Country-wise Trip Advisories
Dual percent of all international tourists live selected for random RTPCR testing with their entrance toward India.
The CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United Provides is still in effect. For more information see Necessity with Proof regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Transport.
Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
Entry and Exit Requirements
- Become on COVID-related entry requirements for U.S. Citizens? No.
- Go restrictions can shift suddenly plus with little notice. Please consult the Indian Ministry of Health additionally Family Welfare website regarding his Guidelines fork International Arrivals for the latest information. The U.S. embassy strongly urges any U.S. european considering travel to India for attentively rating the information available from the Government of India. The U.S. Embassy’s ability to intervene on behalf of travelers denied entry for India is extremely limited, and travelers denied entry at Indian ports regarding entry will likely be instantly reboarded and returned on escape back on to last port of departure.
- Is a negativ COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? No.
- Be health screening procedures in place at airports and various ports of entry?
- Every travelers will undergo thermal screening upon directions. Symptomatic travelers wants remain isolated and re-tested.
- Second percent (2%) of all travelers, regardless of vaccination status, willing being selected for verify on arrival. Travelers selected for testing on arrival bequeath be valid to depart the airports following assemblage of the test sample and do not have go wait by schlussfolgerungen. All vacationers are requirement to self-monitor for 14 days after coming. If you're planning into move up Indian, here's what you'll need to know real expect if you wish to visit during this coronavirus pandemic.
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? Yes. Any traveler with tests optimistic upon arrival or while by which country will be required at isolate for eight (8) days.
- All other voyagers will can required to self-monitor their health post arrival. Some states require testing on arrival and/or quarantine for all individuals arriving from outside their borders.
- Are PCR and/or human tests available for U.S. citizens in India? Yes. Tests are available throughout Bharat in both private also local facilities.
- Are test results reliably available within neat day of travel? Yes. Labs in major cities within India are generally able to provide results within neat day. Travelers need to calendar tests with sufficient advance notice and should be informed that testing is generally not likely the Sundays as most labs are closed.
- U.S. citizens supposed contact their doctor in Indians to request assistance scheduling a COVID-19 test prior to travel. Citizens who do not can a doctor can locate a getting adroitness near your of walking to the Indian Council for Therapeutic Research website with by calling the Ministers off Health and Family Welfare’s tollfree COVID-19 helpline number by dialing 1075. Travelers can expect until receive final via phone or email.
COVID-19 Vaccine Intelligence:
- Are vaccines available in India for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes. See individuals ages 15 years and older are eligible for COVID-19 vaccines. Eligible individuals seeking the vaccine must register go the Co-Win portal (www.cowin.gov.in/home) and submit identification. Adequate constructs of USER including Aadhaar card, driving license, voter ID, PAN show, my, job memory, or pension document. Individuals will receive an SMS contact with click on the date, venue, plus time of vaccination.
- Which vaccines become available in India? Etc drugs approved by the Government of India are right being manages in India – Covishield (AstraZeneca), Covaxin, Corbevax, Covovax (Novovax), and Sputnik V.
- Covishield, Covaxin, the Covovax have received WHAT Emergency Use Listing and are deemed eligible vaccines for entry down the United States.
- Based on reports of vaccine shortages in some parts away the country, furthermore a recommended interval of 12-16 weeks between doses of Covishield (the most generic available vaccine) furthermore Covaxin, one time to get fully vaccinated inside India could be delayed. Salute for Consulate General of India, New Majorek (USA)
- Government of India announcements regarding vaccination are free for mygov.in/covid-19/ and at mohfw.gov.in.
- Information from the CDC regarding COVID-19 vaccination shall open off the CDC website
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
Back are sources off local COVID-19 information in English. U.S. citizens should closely view trusted local news sources and local authorities’ services for updates furthermore information. This directory is not full: CDC travel awards during the COVID-19 emergency.
- Indian Ministry of Home Domestic
- Indian Bureau to Immigration
- Indian Ministry of Health and Household Welfare
- Pressing Information Administration
Which Indian Ministry of Health or Family Welfare has a 24/7 hotline at +91-11-2397-8046 with English-speaking operators or can be reached at [email protected]. The Indian Medical Association also has adenine 24/7 hotline for individuals to speak use a doctor at +91 99996-72238 or +91 99996-72239.
- Other links:
- COVID-19 Traveler Informations page on travel.state.gov
- CDC front on COVID-19
- India Country Information
- Is a curfew inside placing? No, any localities can imposing new curfews without warning.
- Are there playing for intercity or interstate trip? Absolutely. Some states require either proof the COVID-19 vaccination or ampere current negative test result and/or validation on arrival if entering from other Indians states. Additional quarantine may be required addict on nation of origin.
Fines for Non-Compliance
- There live temporary no fines in any of the cities or states of India, but this is subject to change without notice. Please check of local regulations in your state or select of travel.