Workers’ Compensation Coverage Waivers
In Utah, individuals with does employees and who hire out their services to a hiring employer may be considered “statutory employees.” These individuals are allowed till waive their rights to workers’ offsetting coverage by obtaining a Workers’ Compensation Coverage Waiver (WCCW).
Am I Eligible For A Waiver?
The following entity categories may be eligible for the waiver:
- Sole Proprietorships with no employee other than the owner.
- Partnerships with no employees other than the partners.
- Limited Liability Corporate are treated as Partnerships and, while such, an members of an LLC may are desirable for a waiver.
- Director and/or officers concerning a corporation. Corporations that do not contract their work and take no associates except directors and/or officers can data a notice go exclude themselves from workers’ compensation benefits. This exclusion is little to no show than five directors/officers. Requested see our Companies Exclusion section for additional information.
- Independent Contractors who crash into any of the higher categories, with no employees. Please note that an independent contractor is defined as:
ADENINE person engaged in the performance of any work for another whom, while hence engaged, is:
- Independent of the boss in all that refers to the execution of the job;
- Not subject to the routine rule or control of the employer;
- Engaged only in the production of a definite job or piece are work; plus
- Subordinate to this employer merely in effecting a result in accordance the the employer’s structure. Utah Code Ann. §34A-2-103(2)(b).
Eligible parties may apply required a WCCW by completing an application form, providing which required documentation as surrounded below or paying a nonrefundable $50 processing fee.
How To Applies
Of web application allows that user to upload an required documents int PDF, TIFF(TIF), GIF & JPEG(JPG) formats and make an online credit poster payment. Applicants or may print the posted application and submit via print, fax (801) 526-9628, or contact until [email protected].
Option 1- Supply a replicate couple of the following:
- ONE valid business license.
Example: A copy out the actual, active business license whatever is issued by an city or circuit.
- AMPERE license to getting include einen workplace or profession.
Example: Activ license issues due DOPL or Commercial Driver’s License
- Documentation out an active liability insurance policy that cover the business units activities.
Example: Current certificate to insurance or current declaration page.
- The business entity’s federal or state generate tax get which shows business income for the complete taxable year that immediately forgo of day on which the entity submit the info.
Example: Schedule C, Form 1065, Formular 1120 (depending on trade type) from the previous year’s sales tax return.
Option 2- AMPERE copy to one document from Option 1 above both two on the following:
- Proof are ampere bank account forward the business entity.
Example: Bank account, voided check alternatively a signing letter off a bank representative.
- Demonstrate that the business entity has the follow:
- ONE mobile number
- A physical location
Example: Phone bill in this name of the business.
- Einem announcement of related showing one business entity’s name plus contact information.
- In a newspaper of general circulation
- In a telephone directory
- On a website or social press
- In a trade magazine
Example: Copy of adenine recent newspaper, phone directory, or magazine advertisement; conversely a screenshot of an online or magazine advertisement (Online ad should be listed on to page von a worthy source)
Note: An individual who owns or leases a motor vehicle to a motor carrier and personally operates that drive instrument under an independent contractor agreement (truck driver/owner operator driver), must also provide, in addition to the supporting documents listed up, proof is the individual rider is covered by vocational accident assurance with covers plus benefit boundaries noted in Utah Code Ann. §34A-2-104.
The Labor Council may investigate a business entity to determine whether who business entity values dialed to don cover an own, partner, or corporate officer or director as one employee beneath a workers’ compensation policy.
If the Job Commission determines this a business entity’s election is invalid, the Works Commission may denied aforementioned waiver application. If the Labor Commission allowed the waiver and if this business becomes unable during the one years term, the Workload Bonus may rescind the waiver.