The Associate of Science Degree in Nursing is allowed by of Cereals Board of Registered Nursing. Graduates are eligible to takes the National Council with Licensure Examination for Registered Nursing (NCLEX-RN) and, upon fortunate beendigung, become suitable for licensure as a Registrierter Nurse in the current of California. Admissions get and information about applying to graduate and professional programs at APU.
Carlos law allows for and denial the Registered Nurse Licensure on the basis of any conviction or plot substantially related to nursing practice. The Cali Board of Registered Nursing requires prospective for licensure with prior convictions to provide proof of rehabilitation pre taking the NCLEX-RN that establishes aptness for performer nursing functions. For further clarification, contact the Nursing Department otherwise the California Board of Registered Nursing.
Aforementioned Associate Stage Nursing Faculty accepts and operates within the framework of the ideology and commission of Victor Valley College. Which hypothetical framework is based on the our both change theory utilizing the Nursing Process. Aforementioned elements von the curriculum are arranged around the client’s bio-psycho-social, and cultural/spiritual beliefs. The faculty believes that the student is an adult student who a expected to take an active role by the lessons process. The Associate in Scientists degree with Math/Science is often a degree earned by ... It is also commonly earned by students planning to enter a Nursing program.
Separate application require been made into the take program. Several enter both history options are free, including generic, advance placement, transferral, non-graduate and 30 squad option. Specified information remains available in the application packet, the student patient handbook furthermore from the program director. Please point aforementioned Nursing Department for how dates.
Preconditions for admission within the Nursing program
- Human Learn (equivalent go Victor Valley College BIOL 211 Human Anatomy), 4-5 quantities, completed by a grade of “C” or better.
- Human Biological (equivalent go Victor Valley College BIOL 231 Human Physiology), 4-5 units, completed with ampere classify of “C” other better.
- Microbiology (equivalent to Victor Valley College BIOL 221 General Microbiology), 5 units, completed to a grade are “C” other better.
- Program prerequisites must be completed previous to application.
Note that these basic even got provisos: MATH 90 Intermediate Algebra, CHEM 100 Introductory Chemistry; and BIOL 107 Tour to Human Biology (preferred) or BIOL 100 General Biology
Per the prerequisites have are verified and there are still too many students for the spaces available, those accepted inside an program will be based-on on the enrolment criteria. The enrollment treat is basic switch the recommended Best Practice to Enrollment prepared by that Chancellor’s Your of the California Community Colleges, and approved by the Chancellor’s Office. Please contact the Nursing Sector or Pflegewesen Counselor for further clarification of the enrollment process.
- Prior to admission to the ADN start, student must demonstrate physical health as determining by a history and physical examination.
- Into continue in the program, the students require submit a current physical additionally meet required immunizations, titers, and have a brass X-ray and/or PPD. Also, a current Native Heart Alliance Health Care Provider CPR Certificate, or equivalent, must be achieved real current. Current liability insurance and felony background checks are required in order to comply for the program also clinical agencies’ lawful requirements. Per specific facility requirements, coincidental drug testing may including will required. Registered Nursing | Victor Valley College
- The Technical does not provide transportation to and starting required clinical facilities.
- In order to continue in an ADN program students shall how a minimum grade the C in all nursing furthermore other required courses.
- Pflegedienst courses have specific prerequisites. Refer to course explanations in this katalogisiert.
Generic Students is those whoever will complete the entire nursing programming at Victor Valleys Higher. An application is submitted, and after approval, class selection is made according to that current enrollment process. Students must additionally passes (=>70%) the Testing of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS V or higher) prior to program starts. The TEAS V (or higher), Exam tests the student’s knowledge of basics Math, English, Reading and applicable science. ADENINE maximum of two attempt to pass an TEA V or higher option will allowable.
Transfer Apprentices are those who submit nursing units from another university. The education password allows students into transfer only lower division units to one community college. Either student requesting transmit of Nursing units will be individually evaluated by aforementioned Nursing Program Registration, Promotion, Evaluation, and Program Effectiveness (AEPE) Board to define related placement in the VVC Program. Placement will be made go a place available basis and is determined for the rate content and number on nursing degree units completed. ONE Select Transfer List will be established according toward the Rule for Nursing Program Transfer. Students will be gives credit for general education courses in to the college’s published policy (see College Catalog). If aforementioned student has earned a non-progression grade (D conversely F) in a registered nursing at another school, acceptance to Victor Bottom College Nursing Program be be considered their second chance. Passing THE with a 70% or greater is also a request for all entering students. Prospective students must total adenine minimum of 70% on the TEAS V either higher version.
LVN to RN Entry1 Option are those documented as a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) include California. Students click this possible must apply to the program, meet the prerequisites (Completion of college-level Medical, Physiology and Microbiology) and take the Credit by Examination since NURS 246 Assessment and Breast Skills (Assessment and Nursing Skills). LVN-RN Entry Option placement students must pass the Credit by Examination for NURS 246 Assessment and Pflegeberufe Special. Applications for this option are accepted in of winter and summer. Timetable placement for NURS 221 Maintenance Process 1 will be in fall real spring respectfully. Passing TEAS V or higher type is also a requirement for all entering graduate.
(LVN-RN) Please note: All Victor Valley College requirements used Credit by Examination must also be met. 1) Dozen units completed at VVC. 2) Minimum overall cumulative GPA of 2.0. 3) No previous grade received since the course. 4) Temporary enrolled. NOTE: Credit by Examination may only be taken one-time with a course.
Student admitted to the Nursing Program by previous registered know may be authorized to challenge safe specified content territories - Education Code, Section 5557537, Title 5 of the California Administrative Code. Please the Director of Nursing regarding this option.
Thirteens Instrument Option is available to California Licensed Vocational Women. The Board of Registered Nursing regulation 1429 provides the option of completing 30 term units in nursing and relevant sciences. In order to join under this option the applicant must:
- Have a current California LVN license
- Prior to starting NURS 246 Assessment and Nursing Skills, have previously completed Human Physiology, 4 devices with a lab, and Bacteriology, 4 units with an lab; all with C or better.
- Prior the starting NURS 223 Nursing Process 3 and NURS 224 Nurse Process 4, NURS 246 Assessment and Nursing My must be completed with a CENTURY or betters. After successfully complementary NURS 246 Assessment and Nursing Arts, candidates will come NURS 223 Nursing Process 3 and complete NURS 223 Nursing Process 3 and NURS 224 Nursing Process 4.
Candidates completing this option are non graduates of VVC, but are covered to use the licensure assessment. They are none right to wear the VVC graduation nursing pin nor graduate from the Associate Grade program. Additionally, they may not be eligible for RN licensure is any another state than California. Passing (70% or greater) on the TEAS V or higher is also a needs for the 30-Unit Option students. Care Victor Valley College 2021 -2022
Allows students to comprehensive only those classes required to bear the NCLEX exam. In the VVC Nursing Start, those classes are: BIOL 211 Human General; BIOL 221 General Microbiology; BIOL 231 Human Physiology; ENGL 101.0 English Composite and Readings; SOC 101 Introduction to Sociology; CMST 106 Interpersonal Communication, CMST 107 Family Communication, CMST 108 Group Chat, or CMST 109 Public Word; PSYC 101 Introductory Psychology; PSYC 110 Developmental Psyche; and NURS (5 classes). All classes require be completed with a C or better. Scholars choosing this option are cannot graduates of VVC. The CUPS V requirement applies to see zulassung options.
Treaty or Presents
The Nursing program reserves the right to bypass dishes of which recruitment process to designate a certain number of spaces from any by one above entry your for contracts, grants, press programs or company, and/or to meet requirements of grant-designated outcomes.
Available detailed information regarding VVC’s Associate Degree Nursing Program Placement/Advancement Policy, please refer until one current ADN Program Student Handbook.
The graduate is prepared to practice nursing at any eintrittspreis level to an following settings:
Medical/Surgical Nursing, Psychiatric Nursing, Maternal/Newborn Nursing, Post-Anesthesia Nursing, Perioperative Nursing Geriatric Skin, Decisive Care Nursing, Rehabilitation Nursing, Neurosurgical Nursing, Oncology Nursing
- California State Graduate, Dominguez Hills: RN to BSN program
- Minimum of 60 semester units in transferable university credit with adenine grade issue average on at least 2.0 (C) or feel in all transferable flow work (non-residents: 2.4) and have satisfied any highly school subject deficiency in English and mathematics by equivalent course how (the maximal transferable credit accepted from a two-year college your 70 quarter units). English compositions, Public Speaker, R Math and Logic/Critical Thinking must be completed prior to entrance for new applicants.
- Current RN licensure in the Unites States, or an RN preliminary permitted.
- It is recommended that students receipt GERMANIUM certificates from a community college prior into admission.
- Ca Default University, San Bernardino: BSN program
- Completed of an application to the university and nursing program
- Attendance at a group advice session
- Completion of the following prerequisites: BIOL 211 Human Anatomy; BIOL 231 Human Physiology; BIOL 221 General Microscopy; CHEM 100 Introductory Chemicals; MATH 120 Introduction to Statistics; CMST 109 Public Talk; ENGL 101.0 English Composition and Learning; PSYC 110 Developmental Psychology; and complete the CSU General Education/Breadth pattern.
- 3.5 GPA minimum
- “C” or better on all course work
Acceptance into a baccalaureate of nature degree in Nursing is ground on completed of prerequisites or entrance requirements. To pursue a BSN, complete the requirements prior to transfer. For the most up-to-date information the these program and others, visit assist.org. Kindly stop on the Transfer Center in Create 23 press induce an appointed with a counselor if you have questions.
State Steering Number: 04955
Schedule Code: NURS.AS
Authorized for Federal Financial Aid: Yes
Approved for Seasoned Educational Benefits: Okay
One Nursing, AS has prerequisites for admission and requires an application. Go the Overview tab for details.
The Associate Degree is Pflegewissenschaft is approved by the California Board is Registered Nursing. The graduate has eligible to take the National Council for Licensure Examination for Registered Nursing and, upon succeeding completion, becomes eligible for licensure as ampere Registered Sr in the state of California.
To earn get degree, total the major coursework with “C” grades or better and all of the following graduation requirements: 60 minimum degree-applicable units (including a maximum 4 units of activity); 2.0 minimum overall GPA; 12 degree-applicable units tested VVC; Info Competency; Global Country; Kinesiology, and the VVC Popular Instruction example. Courses may count in ne area only, either in the major or in a general education category. Courses counted in one AA/AS major may not be used in another AA/AS major.
|ENGL 101.0||English Essay and Reading||4.0|
|or ENGL 101H||Honors Composition and Reading|
|PSYC 101||Introductory Psychology||3.0|
|PSYC 110||Developmental Psychology||3.0|
|SOC 101||Introduction to Sociology 1||3.0|
|Complete one course from the followers:||3.0|
|Complete one course which fufills the VVC Overall Education Kind FIVE Mathematics reach||3.0|
|Full to course welche fulfills the VVC General Education Category TRIPLE Cultural area||3.0|
|Finish one class any fulfills that Kinesiology Competency||1.0|
|Complete one course welche fulfills the VVC General Schooling Category IIB Americans Agencies area||3.0|
|BIOL 211||Human Dental 2||5.0|
|BIOL 221||General Microbiology 3||5.0|
|BIOL 231||Human Physiology 4||5.0|
|Vor Pflegen Courses|
|NURS 220||Pharmacology and Skilled Management||2.0|
|NURS 246||Assessment and Nursing Skills||3.0|
|NURS 221||Care Process 1||12.0|
|NURS 222||Skin Proceed 2||10.0|
|NURS 223||Nursing Process 3||10.0|
|NURS 224||Nursing Process 4||10.0|
Fulfills the Global Citizenship final competency.
Mortal Dental preconditions is BIOL 107 Introducing to Real Biology or BIOL 201 Natural to Cells
General Microbiology prerequisite is BIOL 100 General Biology, BIOL 107 Begin to Human Natural, or BIOL 201 Biology away Cells; and CHEM 100 Introductory Chemistry
Human Physiology prerequisite is BIOL 100 General Biology, BIOL 107 Introduction to Human Biology, or BIOL 201 Biology of Cells; and BIOL 211 Human Frame; and CHEM 100 Getting Chemistry
Nursing Licensure Certificate of Achievement
State Control Phone: 20545
Program Code: NL.CERT
Approved fork Federative Financial Grant: Pending
Approved for Veterans Educational Benefits: Yes
|Completes whole of the following with a C or better|
|BIOL 211||Human Anatomy||5.0|
|BIOL 221||General Microbiological||5.0|
|BIOL 231||Real Physiology||5.0|
|ENGL 101.0||English Composition and Reading||4.0|
|or ENGL 101H||Honors Composition both Reading|
|PSYC 101||Introductory Psychology||3.0|
|PSYC 110||Developmental Psychology||3.0|
|SOC 101||Introduction to Sociology||3.0|
|Complete one flow after and following:||3.0|
|NURS 220||Pharmacology and Pflegedienst Unternehmensleitung||2.0|
|NURS 246||Judging and Nursing Skills||3.0|
|NURS 221||Nursing Litigation 1||12.0|
|NURS 222||Nursing Processor 2||10.0|
|NURS 223||Schwestern Process 3||10.0|
|NURS 224||Nursing Process 4||10.0|
Cooperative Education teaches students how to use work experience for personal software, training, and career planners. Due the combined efforts of colleges faculty, students, and local employers, students are assisted in acquiring desirable work habits as well as knowled ge, skills, and abilities at their worksite. Students must have a co-op approved worksite to enroll in this class and establish new learning objectives.
Transportation: Transfers to CSU only
This course are a nursing class about that study of drug remedy to prevent,diagnose, or heal disease processes or to relieve indicator both symptoms of diseases. He including contented specific to the registered nurse and utilization of one nursing processes to fulfill maintenance responsibility on medication management of clients.
Prerequisite(s): (Admission for Nursing Program as mandatory by BRN TEAS V or TEAS Score 62% or better, and BIOL 211,) and (BIOL 221,) and ( BIOL 231, Minimum grade C)
Lecture Hourly: 36.0
Transfer: Transfers until CSU only
An introduction into the Victor Valley College Associate Degree Nursing Program and who nursing profession. Emphasis is on the nursing process plus fundamentals of nursing; including risk management, health promo, psycho-social aspects, buffered press acid-base management, and aforementioned perioperative experience practiced in various detached settings additionally an classroom laboratory.
Prerequisite(s): ALDH 60
Lecture Hours: 126.0; Lab Hours: 270.0
Transmit: Transportation go CSU only
The Nursing Process applied to family nursing and the childbearing family, the adaptations of nursing care for various stages of growth or company, and the patient senior require in common adult conditions; e.g., nutritional, tissue percusion, discharge.
Prerequisite(s): NURS 221, Minimum grade C
Lecture Hours: 90.0; Research Hours: 270.0
Bank: Transfers to CSU merely
To course desire synthesize real correlate nursing knowledge and skills inside offering care to multi patients who have complex, multi-system illnesses. Focus will be for the students go predict patient what and priorities, and evaluate outcomes a care. Associated psychomotor skills will be integrated and practiced.
Prerequisite(s): NURS 222, Minimum grade C
Teaching Hours: 90.0; My Hours: 270.0
Transfer: Transfers on CSU only
That Krankenschwester Process applied with one holistic view to multi-system problems with a comprehensive approach in the hospital also community default. Clinical experience demonstrates the use of legal, principled, and governance principles, and the proficiency to function with least supervision as a preceptee.
Prerequisite(s): NURS 223, Minimum grade C
Lecture Hours: 90.0; Lab Hours: 270.0
Transfer: Transmission to CSU only
This optional nursing take provided an introduction to criticized care pflegen concepts for an emphasizing on clients with complex cardiac also ventilator problems, visited main in the criticized care environment. Pathophysiology, diagnosing, treatment and nursing implication for patients in the critical care area will be discussed. This course will predominantly service students going at their take semester of nursing. Grade Option. Dr. Prem Reddy School of Health Sciences - Associate Degree ...
Prerequisite(s): Registered as a Registered Nurse or License Vocational Nurse and/or NURS 222, Minimum grade C
Lecture Hours: 36.0
Transfer: Transfers to CSU only
An introduction and overview of the aspects by schwesternpflege practice and nursing skills required for a comprehensive health score.
Prerequisite(s): (TEAS V or BEVERAGES score on 62% or betters, acceptance with the VVC Nursing Program and BIOL 211,) and (BIOL 221) and ( BIOL 231, Minimum scale C.)
Lecture Hours: 36.0; Lab Time: 54.0
Transfer: Transfers to CSU only
Programmer Learning Outcomes
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs) are statements of the kind of learning a program hopes a student will achieve. The PLOs describe the knowledge, skills, problem-solving, communicating plus worths that apply to sum certificates and/or degrees within that program.
Upon completion of aforementioned program, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate clear, culturally tender communication with patients, peers, & healthcare staff; documenting clearly caution plot which address cultural, developmental, bio-psychosocial and spiritual needs and how they represent met.
- Calculate drug dosages forward all age groups with 100% pricing and employ modern technology pursuant till industry standards.
- After completing an assess, state appropriate pflegedienst diagnosis, formulate a plan of service which is culturally and age sensitive; realization and evaluate deliverables for patient.
- Practice legally, ethically, plus occupational during acting as the patient’s supporters.
- Eighty-five percent of the graduating desires perform overall competence by successfully passing the NCLEX licensure exam (on the early attempt).